close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truck Tires

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Dec 22, 2004.

1. I'd get 2 Winter Treads for the back and two of the others for the front. Cooper has a Discoverer M+S Winter tread.

2. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Go get a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT REVOs. A set of 31"s cost me almost $600. That was over 30k ago. Great tire, good traction, does well in the snow, and seem to be holding up great.

3. pole snatcher,

how big can you go on a ranger.... i own an xlt and i have heard about 20 different sizes before they hit the wells....

4. guy I work with has 33*10.5 on a 2wd STOCK

5. i think those tires will work and look nice on a ranger.....i am pricing some for myself as well.......

6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

about stepping up tire size. Can create a host of problems. If you step up a couple of inches, consider regearing. and lifting.

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I had discoverers for my Dakota. Winter tread pattern. Big mistake. LOL. I have good year wranglers now......I think they are the HT's or something. DEEP tread, and good cross pattern. Have had no problems on all of this snow. Then again.......they wre about 600 for the set :(

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

I love the goodyear wrangler rts's a little more money but will last for a long time my wifes exploer has 55000 miles on them and i think i can get another year or year and a half out of them ....we had a s-10 blazer the front ones had 88000 on them be fore i replaced them

Attached Files:

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have used cooper tires for many years on my Rangers, and I highly reccomend them.

10. For good cheap tires get a set of liberators at walmart. We run them on all of our light duty trucks and vans and for the money, they are the best.

Scott

11. I'd never buy another set of Goodyear Wranglers or even take a free set. :( They become a very rough ride at 25,000 miles and had to be rebalanced every 6000 mile but they still cupped. :( Lousy on wet pavement after 20,000miles. Had them on a 2000 Explorer and a 2001 Sport Trac.

12. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i really don't think you can go wrong with the bridgestones.when i bought my new jeep it had goodyears on it and the 1st thing i did was switch the bridgestones from my cj onto the wrangler.when it's time for a new set i'm gonna stick with them.

13. I have the Wranglers on Jeep Grand Cherokee & the Bridgestone Duelers on Explorer & the Explorer goes alot better in the snow, I am constantly having to put the Jeep in 4WD.

14. catking

catking Banned

I run the Bridgestone's on my xlt ranger and they are doing great. I have 55k on them, and they are holding up great.... Good tires....... CATKING

15. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Get a pair of BF Goodrich Longtrails. Sell at both Walmart and SAM's club. JD Power best light truck tire. Don't leave home without em'.

Serious,

16. I want something agressive. Like a mud terain or maybe an A/T Just not BFG A/T's. had them on my other ranger and were terrible

17. I had BFG's all terain on the tahoe for 70k. As long as you rotate and balance them they should last a long time!

18. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have the wrangler's on my Ranger and have loved them so far. Last winter, I never had trouble with traction in the snow. I don't have a 4 wheel drive and was new to rear wheel last winter. I did take it out and play in the snow a little, but I never had trouble with them. I am not sure how many miles are on them, but I know I am close to needing new ones. I am also looking into other tires, so I will look at some of the ones you guys have mentioned! :)