close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truck Race in Mansfield

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crankus_maximus, May 17, 2004.

1. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I went to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Race in Mansfield yesterday and man was it awesome!

Mansfield Motor Speedway is to ve commeded for putting on a great event! ODOT is to be frowned on for having one of the two exits closed the day of the race that traffic was supposed to be routed through. Result? BAD TRAFFIC!

Race was great, but my guy got taken out late in the race by a lapped truck. Figures.

Did anybody else go?

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Yep. Was there :D Awesome time. This track should host more CTS races in the future. These drivers aren't used to seeing a short track like that, and it give them a challenge....rather than driving a large oval all the time. LOL.

As for the traffic.......who in the heck decided on splitting the traffic from 545 to 13 down that side road? Biggest mistake I've seen in my life. No cops directing traffic on that side road and 13. We left Galion (10 miles West) at 10:15 AM, and didn't get to the track until 1:00. Should have taken 20 mins tops. Horrible traffic. They should do what MIS does. Close all the roads with an event like this......and make all of them 1 way into the track before and 1 way out after. Period.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

We drove up from hilliard, hit the traffic on 30 at about noon and did not get into the track until 2. Not to mention we were driving a civic and parked in weeds 2 feet tall. My fault though - trying to save on gold (I mean gas). I should have taken th truck.

I would like to be in line again for tickets next year.

We sat 4 rows from the top on the front stretch. Section 404. Great seats!

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

We was in section 108, 2 rows from the top.....in the front stretch :D We managed to get my truck stuck.....so I sent the chick on to the race, and I waited for the towtruck. Thankfully I caught a shuttle and only missed the first 5 laps of the race :D

5. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

You can tell them the truth... I got the truck stuck. :(

But.... other than traffic (which hopefully will be a learning experience for them!) the race experience was great! We even got NEXTEL tix for Mich for August. That will be my first EVER cup race! Woohoo! Dale Jr, here I come! :D

Did anyone else hear that they spent $8 G to bring in that "dancing" jukebox pepsi truck that didn't even work and then ended up jackknifing after the race and holding up traffic?

6. no wonder they wanted no coolers in the joint seesh,had a ticket and was going till that no cooler deal :mad: ,I enjoy them cool ones too much to shell out 2.50 plus :D , you guys ought to go with Miso sometime to some real racing Dirt track racing

7. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

If you had a ticket and skipped out just because of no coolers, then you missed out. :rolleyes: :) It was a race not to be missed. I've heard the dirt tracks were ok, but who wants all that dust flying all around and getting all over you? :eek: ;) :D

8. Dirts For Racing...........Asphalt is just for getting there

If you don't have dirt in your beer, your not at the races

You HAVE to go to a dirt track race to understand. I HATE round tracks witha a passion, got taken to a dirt track event and been hooked since.

just go to a local track, K-C Raceway in Chillicothe is really nice, as is Bruchcreek in Peebles, and Portsmouth Raceway. Eldora in Rossbugh is the ultimte around Ohio area. Also for the first time don't go to some regular race, go to a big payout for Late Models, Xtreme Series or World of Outlaws Late models series. or see sprints either the All Stars or World of Outlaws.

May 29 is going to be a reallly good nite at k-C, "The Nite The Stars Come Out" Xtreme Northern Series Late Models, All Star Sprints, and 410 Midgets