close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

truck question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingful, Aug 23, 2005.

1. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

had this same problem a while ago and it went away but now its back :rolleyes: ........................the overdrive light on my 1995 ranger starts flashing at me when the speed gets up to around 50 no rhyme or reason to it on how long it takes to start it could be a mile or 20................then you can hear the trans shift down..............the truck has all ways shifted hard (its a automatic) when you hammer the gas..............any idea what this means?????

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Ya it means take it in for service, it could be a number of things.

3. Hey I know what you are talking about. How many miles does it have and did you by chance recently have the trasmission fluid changed or serviced? If so, they need to have it up on a rack and let it free spin for a while to recirculate the fluid. My 95 Explorer just had that happen. If you have a rack to put it on yourself you can do it also.
    Mine was driving fine and everything just had the fuid changed and they didnt let it free spin on the rack. Once they did that the light went out and it was fine.
    Other than that, I would get it checked out soon as you can.

4. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

it has 159000 miles on it the trasmission fluid hasent been changed recently