close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truck Ordeal... Check it out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Well I was planning on leaving to Myrtle beach on Tuesday when I got a call from the local dealership. Seems the salesman that did my paperwork calculated everything wrong. They included my commission and my normal overtime in my anual earnings. Well even though I was pre-approved and all the paperwork done I had been calling to see when my title was comming.

Turns out after having the truck 1 month the bank wouldnt do the deal unless my payment came down a bunch of money. The dealership didnt know what to do and I had informed them why the check stubs didnt match and where the issues was and the lady in finance said she'd call me right back. 10 min later she said we'll lower your payment to xxx.xx which happened to be over 150.00 less per month and for the same amount of time with a lower interest rate. All because of the sales guy or manager didnt do thier job right. So basically my car was paid off (3000.00) in negative equity and with tax title and everything I owe 17000 financed when all said and done. It had been 22500 :D :D Bout time a dealership was screwed over.

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You better kiss that girls ***. Also I'm really glad you made out. Most times it's the other way around.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

5. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

you really have to watch the dealer.sounds good :D

6. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Dale... I plan on sending the finance lady a gift certificate to the cheesecake factory. She made things happen to begin with that other people couldnt do and she was on my side the entire time. Cant say too much about some of the other people there. The guy that showed me around was great but his manager I could care less for. But I did appriciate the guy who showed me around and the finance lady they were awesome.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I would also send a nice letter stating how you were treated by whom and that as a future customer you will remember just how you were treated. Some times it helps, some times it doesn't.

You were one luck SOB. I thought I was going to read a different ending. I've heard the horror stories of the dealership allowing the buyer to drive home a car and call them back and say that the vehicle had to be returned because the deal fell through, etc. That's why I get my own financing through my credit union. May not be the best rate, but its competitive and I know the fine print and details. Anyhow, glad to hear it turned out good for you man!