close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truck Buyer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nightprowler, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Ford vs Chevy vs Toyoya Bed Bounce on proving Ground video. Take a look!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. The bed bounce was pretty cool, but the twist ditch was pretty obvious the Tundra did not have Posi-traction and the Chevy did making that test quite unfair. Cool videos though, thanks
    Salmonid

4. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

Are you kidding me that ditch test was horribly biased. I mean the tundra goes through the snowy icy part with steeper sides and the Chevy goes through the part with no snow and shallower banks, Hardly an effective test. As for the first video all it goes to prove is if you drive down roads at 70MPH that look like that test then you will lose some control, so If that is what you drive on pay the huge mark up on fords. Those of us who don't drive 70 over speed bumps will enjoy Toyota's and extra cash. I should state that I personally do not care which brand of car or truck I purchase, I will buy who ever offers me the most for the least, this is usually not the big 3. This brand loyalty that some people have is mind boggling, as if they car maker really cares about you after they make the sale.

5. The bias of open differential compared to a positraction unit. It just goes to show how manufacturers show the story they want to, not the truth.

6. Well stated. I believe the big 3 includes Honda now not Chrysler/Benz/Jeep (or whatever they are this week).

7. Awesome Videos! Just more reasons foreign car companies have no business being in the full-size truck market! I can't believe the Tundra doesn't have a locking rear end, even my 2 wheel drive Colorado has an automatic locking differential!

8. Actually, the third time the Silverado made it through the ditch it made it through a nastier part than the Tundra got stuck in. Also, In the box test videos it says they are only going 28MPH, not 70.

9. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Wow....Guess he folks at Motor Trend didn't watch this video.;) ..08 Tundra just named Motor Trend truck of the year for 08.

10. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Toyota's is also recalling some of there trucks if you have one might want to check with your dealers.

11. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

Approx. 15,600 trucks may have an issue with a joint in rear propeller shaft that may have been improperly heat treated. Toyota is aware of 1 (ONE) case where the joint came apart. Customers with 07 Tundra that were built between ----and-----date will recieve a lettter telling them to have joint inspected at dealer. This joint was an outside supplier sourced part/assembly, probably Dana in ALABAMA???
    Ok...so with the Tundra we have "bed bounce" "traction issues" 1 case of a joint failure. My previous Chevy had transmission failure 19K miles, steering column shaft replace twice and needed 3rd when traded in with 24K miles, on TUNDRA , rear end clunk that Chevy has had an issue with since early 90's,mine was 06. Same problem due to yoke clearance, was told basically to live with it!
    So far Toyota Motor Co. The dealership, and vehicle have been flawless for me. If I do have an issue, which I'm sure I will, I'm confident that Toyota will do everything they can to resolve the issue. ;)