close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truck at the bottom of Portage Lakes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ncraft150, Jul 18, 2005.

1. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Saturday when all the boats were waiting for the start of the tourny we got a show at the Portage Lakes new state park. A guy was putting his boat in the water and I think he hit the gas on accident instead of the brake. His newer full size truck went in and was floating at the end of the courtousy ramps. He jumped out of his truck and into his boat. After about 5 - 10 minutes of staring at his truck floating it completely disapeared into the water. Don't know how long it took or how they got it out, but it was gone at 3 when the tourny was over.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

here is what it may have looked like taking the truck out...
    [​IMG]

3. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

They should have left it in the lake. Trucks make good structure!

4. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I saw this happen at West Branch one July 4th about 15 years ago. After they towed the car out of the water and opened the doors a lot of beer cans flowed out . I would have to say thes was the root of the problem!

5. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I watched this Happen at Lake Logan a few years ago. He did the same thing, Hit the Gas & The Truck sank like a Rock. All you saw was a big pile of McDonalds wrappers & Beer Cans. LMAO- It was a sight to see, thats for sure. Thank god I havent had anything like that happen to me. Knock on wood ! :D
    Cat Mazter

6. About 2-3 yrs ago at WB by Rock Spring rd. beach launch.....

Some guy had driven a truck out on the ice to ice fish out by the bridge pylons on Rock Spring.....

No offense to that guy if he is here ?....but I would call myself an idiot if I had done that....

Geezus......!....think people.....then fire tuck, and a tow truck show up yadda yadda yadda....

steely