troy

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FLT_TUBE_JNKY, Jan 11, 2008.

1. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

Moving my fishing buddy out to Troy on satuday morning, looking to get an update on the GMR water levels in the area? thanks

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

It means you won't (or should not) fish the GMR this weekend. I have fished this part of river extensively over past year and would advise against fishing any time link in previous post shows water level above 4 ft. It is both unsafe and lousy fishing. Come visit your friend again next weekend - if we get no rain next week you may be able to fish then.

4. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

Makes sense to me. I've seen the Mad River here by Springfield and it's bad enough that I wouldn't want to be standing on the bank. The GMR with those numbers is going to be a lot worse.

MC

5. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

Ditto on the high water. It got high enough that the muddy river water flowed over into the fishing pond on 25-A

I looked at the extended forecast - we are supposed to get some much colder weather to settle in by next weekend, looking forward to maybe ice fishing in a couple of weeks.

6. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

I figured it would be bad but did not know how bad. I'm not visiting, I'm taking all his crap out to his soon to be wife(not sure how to spell feance), needless to say she is steeling him from me.lol

SConner: thanks for the water level info, I saw the gauge but not knowing the area I had no clue what level good water was.

7. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Junky - Hopefully his fiance will let him out to play every now an again. There is good small mouth fishing this way.

8. does anyone know if the dam in troy is fishable?

9. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Huh? What're you guys talkin 'bout? The river is flowing at normal winter levels and is in a condition I'd call fishable.
    Check the USGS water flows and you'll see it's at normal winter pool. Up near Sidney it's under 350cfs and still dropping.If that is still too much for ya try it up by the lake.
    Near troy it's up higher for all the tribs that come in between sidney and troy and down here it Dayton it's just over 1,000cfs,once again,normal winter flows.TC1

10. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Tall Cool One - Look at dates on prior post, they were from over a month ago. At the time, river was too high to fish.