close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Troy bite picking up

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jimnrg, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Yesterday and today I've had pretty good action on the GMR between 55 and the dam but nothing big...total for both days (5-8:30 pm Sunday and 7-10 am Monday) is 5 lm, 6 carp, 5 rock bass and what I think was a decent sized (4 or 5 lb) channel that broke free before I got him to shore

2. I think it's a good time to hit that particular stretch of river. Unless they swim through the open dam, there's no place for the fish to go.

Best of luck!

3. Man we need some rain tho' ..... that water is less than ankle deep in spots below the dam even.

4. I tossed a shad rap at the dam for a few minutes yesterday but I honestly don't think there are any fish in there big enough to bother with anymore

5. We need one of those hurricanes to make it's way up here, give us some unfishable waters for a week or so, move some things aorund a bit to shake it up.

6. I fished community park in Tipp this evening with 1 dink lm, 1 rock bass and 1 redhorse. Hooked a few more but they kept wrapping around the numerous snags that are starting to poke out of the water and breaking free. If the water was higher I could horse 'em over the snags maybe. Oh ell, at least I wasn't skunked

7. I love the water the way it is right now. Yall need to find the deep water. Where ive been fishing in the troy/tipp area its still around 20or so feed deep in the deep spot. THeres large numbers of fish holding in the area. Plus the current is slow.

Im heading there tomorrow, ill let you know how i do.

8. I agree, if you know where the deep spots are then you know where the fish are. Any deep hole is going to be stacked with fish. Went out to a spot at Troy this morning and caught 7 saugeyes in a short period of time.

9. I'm new on the river so still trying to find good spots but it's really hard with the water so low and I'm afraid any spots that I find now might be worthless once the river's back to normal. I'm considering giving up entirely now and just hitting Kiser or a Metropark pond occasionally.

10. The spots you're finding right now should be remembered because when the river is back up, you will know what the structure looks like underneath. Any obstruction or deep spot can hold fish at times.