close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Troy 11/6/08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jimnrg, Nov 6, 2008.

1. I had a decent day on the GMR in Troy today. I caught around 15 or 20 Smallies mostly in the 12"-14" area but two at 17 and 18", 2 LM, 1 rock bass and hooked into a pike that made short work of my 6# test leader. According to a man who caught it yesterday it went 28" but I barely got a look. I saw a long flash, my bobber sank, I set the hook, my pole bent double and about 20 yards of line shrieked off my reel before it bit the hook off.

2. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

You're killin' me Jim! Sounds like a good day... too bad you didn't get to land that Esox.

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Sounds like a great trip, I am just itching to get on the river but work seems to keep getting in my way:) . With time change, it's dark now when I get home:( .

4. Muskie Hunter

Muskie Hunter All Species Trophy Hunter

Great job! Don't worry about that pike breaking off, you will get another good one soon. This river is full of 26-28" pike.

I got to try some big shiners for them. Saturday morning, I am going to float the river 5 or so miles, and give that shiner fishing a try.

Good fishing,
    John

5. Good to hear you had some luck. Really wish I didn't have work today, it looks like the last good day for a while (until spring:( ) .

6. Does the boss mind if you come to work smelling like fish? *lol* Hopefully a decent Saturday or Sunday will be in the works for you.