close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trout Stocking ?????

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Tom G, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Does anyone know if the state did or will restock the Metro Park Lakes I want to take my grandson trout fishing at Shadow Lake in Bedford

2. It was stocked a couple times but the dates escape me... There should still be plenty of trout in there...

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

normally they do 2 stockings. once around new years and once around the end of January.

this is for all 5 lakes, shadow, ledge, judge, ranger, and wallace.

as of last night they had NOT done the 2nd stocking.

there is a number to call, you listen to the message for updates.

unfortunately the number is at work so i cant post it until monday unless someone else has it.

but i agree with aturkyhntr, there are still a lot of trout....last night archman and i caught 5 and saw about 5-10 others caught.

4. Can anyone direct me to a map of these lakes for both directions to get there and access points? Thanks!

5. but none of the lakes listed earlier (shadow, ledge, judge, ranger, and wallace) were on that list. Would they be under a different name listed there?

6. Dingo

Dingo

These lakes are stocked by the metroparks, not the state. The metroparks (thankfully) doesn't make the exact stocking dates public, especially for the east branch rocky river spring stockings.

Wallace lake was stocked for the second time during the ice season last Monday. Spent a long time there today bouncing jig/maggots and ice spoons with no luck, other than a few 'gills at the end of the day. Saw a few trout caught by others.

7. I think those are metro park lakes do a search for "metro parks lakes"

8. hardwaterfan

hey pymybob if you want to know about any of these lakes just pm me, i know them all fairly well. fishing for trout in these lakes is what got me started into ice fishing.

very generally, they are all located in southern suburbs of cleveland. (VERY generally)

9. hardwaterfan

heres the number you can call....listen to the recording for updates....

(440) 234-9597

im not sure how often they update the recording or how accurate or detailed it is judging by what dingo has reported but its all they give us.

10. hardwaterfan

according to the message this morning the 2nd stocking has taken place at all 5 lakes. :)

11. Thought so...
    GOOD LUCK H/W I know you'll be out...

12. hardwaterfan

thanks man... i need all the help i can get.... :D