close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trout in Petros Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Oct 22, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Being that the closest lake to me that had trout released in it this fall was Petros Lake, I decided to use my lunch time today and head down there. I can confirm there were trout released in this lake!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

They hit my small inline spinner that I tipped with maggots. Landed 1, lost 1 as well. Only had about 20min of fishing time.

flash-----------------------------out

2. Yeah, I went last evening to one here local that they released the trout yesterday. Everybody was pulling them out right and left. Some guys were catching their 5 fish limit in about half an hour or less. I had my boys there and they kept busy. We brought 7 home gave a couple away and they lost 3 or 4 before landing them. It made for a lot of fun for the kids. And dad kinda enjoyed it too.:D

3. Flash, hopefully you'll get some bigger trout on Sunday!!

4. I read the one listing that said approximately 25,000 trout were released this fall in all of the locations combined. Does anybody have a breakdown of how many were in each body of water. I had a guy tell me last night that the folks stocking the lake estimated the number in the local lake at 2,000. I have no idea whether this was right or not. I am just curious how fast they get thinned out.

5. I would say if 2000 trout were stocked, and depending on the weather, they should last a good 3-4 weeks. It pretty much depends on how heavily it is fished.

6. So do they expect many fish to winter in these waters? I was thinking they may be good to try and catch through the ice.

7. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

Petros Lake..............i have never heard of it where is it located................jim

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Its down in canton near the Timken Steel Plant.

Petros Lake (Canton): Take I-77 (south from Canton) to exit 101. Go west on Faircrest Street. Turn north on Perry Drive. Petros Lake is located at the corner of Perry Drive SW and Faircrest Street SW. Restrictions: Fishing is permitted for people of all ages from sunrise to sunset.