Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to fish for trout in streams, does anybody know where a good place to find streams in the wayne/holmes/stark co area? do they stock anywhere? thanks!
stpedani

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I would say the closest stream for you is the Clear Fork river. Check the ODNR website for trout stockings in lakes/ponds. However, most are probably over. You're only a little over an hour for some steelhead fishing up north in the when the season comes back around.

·
Registered
675 Posts
try the mad river... i used to fish there and do very well for browns.... they do stock it occasionally...but the fishing is usually good....its in DAYTON..id say its the only place to catch trout year round in ohio

·
Registered
57 Posts
try mohican state park at the covered bridge. Brown trout GALORE!!!!!! 10-25 inches is the norm for me. alot of bigger fish but you still have to weed through all the little guys. It dont matter what time of year they are there year round a couple small split shot and a small light wire hook with night crawlers and hang on :B

Good luck

doug

·
Registered
34 Posts
Little applecreek was just stocked this year with rainbows this is a stream just inside the city limits on the east side of the city of wooster.Theres a park at the end of freelander Rd off of madison ave.You can get to madison ave. off of ST.RT.30 they stocked fromST.RT.30 north friends of mine do alot of fly fish here.madison exit is also RT302 also theres alot of easy walking trailes at the park you will drve past shellin park just keep going straight on to a gravel road you will see a concreat CO. on the left go to the end of the road and theres a parking lot for the park GOOD LUCK hope I helped you out theres some good fishing there P.S look for deep holes toward ST.RT.30:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts