close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trout around here?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BassHunterJWP, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Are the any lakes, ponds, or streams around this area with trout in them? I know the Mad River holds thems anyone know how far south the come down? Also where are some good starter spots on the LMR for bass? I'm new to the area any help would be nice, thanks.

2. Odnr stocks trout in clark lake, they were catching alot of fish there earlyer in the week. there is another post where alot of us was just talking about it , check it out & good luck

3. catking

catking Banned

The mad is the farthest stream south that holds trout in these parts. As far as the LMR goes, EXCELLENT bass fishery. Look back on some of the old threads in this section. Lots of GREAT info........by the way, WELCOME to the OGF ;) ............THE CATKING !!! :)

4. Stonlick has trout.Ive caught quite a few.

5. Hello, Rush run 0n 3/11 and stonelick on 3/24 were stocked with trout according to the odnr web site.

6. catking

catking Banned

Whoops, didn't see the lakes part of the question. Stonelick indeed has stocked their trout. Nice lake also. After a couple days, make sure you hit the dam area, as this is where the trout venture after being released, especially after this rain we are getting........ Good luck to all..... THE CATKING !!! :)

7. They just stocked it again?

8. Was just wondering if anyone went out today being a holiday in all. I had to work so I wasnt able to make it out. A buddy & mine are going to hit it hard tommorrow though. He fished today and put 53 crappie in the cool ( 9-14 inchers ) caught 50 or so throw backs and also about 50-60 bluegills but none worth keeping, all small. Tommorrow should be better, weather wise at least but when your catching #'s & sizes like that, ill take anything mother nature can throw at us. All in all im just glad to be gettin out. sorry bout not giving a location, but I gotta get in on this action just once, i promise just once, before the fiesta of fellow anlgers fires up. My luck we wont get a bite tommorrow since im bragging LOL have had that happen more than once

9. WOW!

163 fish?

If he was fishing a solid eight hours, that would be a fish every three minutes. I don’t think that I could bait the hook that fast.

Just out of curiosity, why does anyone need 53 crappie?

10. there was 2 of them fishing, they split there catch, and both have families mouths to feed. so i think there in the clear