close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trout are stocked

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Dec 24, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

according to the paper today, the cleveland metroparks did their first trout stocking in their lakes. (ledge, judge, shadow, etc.)

has anyone caught any yet? hows the ice?

2. I heard from a guy at work that Shadow was stocked last week... I can't check till Monday...

3. hardwaterfan

i might run up there in the am tomorrow for a few just to get this season started (for me)

i checked out a few places yesterday but the plows did a good job of keeping me out of any parking lots.

Ladue is completely ice covered, couldnt make it back into tinkers creek park.

need a little thaw so we can get access to the ice!

4. hardwaterfan

lol....my wife just saw the above post and chewed me out....not sure if i can sneak out or not. :rolleyes: gotta do the "holiday thang" i guess!!

5. Lmao [​IMG]

Be good for now...

6. Ledge and Judges lakes are fishable with about 6 inches of good ice. Use caution though, I only checked one spot and it may not be 6 inches thruout. A few guys were fishing both lakes yesterday (sunday) and catching fish.
    Wallace lake and Ranger lake tend to ice slower than the Hinckley lakes, it must be their proximity to Lake Erie or elevation so be real careful if you go there. Be safe

7. r u only allowed to fish for crappie at the north end of lado for crappie. or can u fish for any spicies.cause i live 4 minute away and i dont know anything about that lake i have been wanting to fish it though

8. hardwaterfan

peple, i guess you can fish any part of the lake now....watch out on ladue.....the ice there can be VERY unpredictable.

stay on the established path once the fishing gets going and go out to the middle, north of 422, once you see other guys out there. theres a submerged bridge out there which holds a lot of small crappies and gills.

stay away from the causeway, especially by the bridge.

9. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

went to judge yesterday pulled 3 trout ice was double layer about 6in thick