trophy ohio buck a hoax!!!

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by freyedknot, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicklesman

nicklesman Dough Boy

this is a sad sad thing some people will do anything for glory

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Something I've never understood:

Lying About Hunting and/or Fishing. Why is there a need for it? Could this guy's motivation been financial? Was he planning on making money off the "record" deer perhaps?

3. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

they've been talking about this one for a whhile over at ohiosportsman.
    i'm tempted to show up if he goes to court(he's from my town)just to see what happens.
    if i had spent $12,000 for a deer i would have already been in court.....divorce court!!!!!!!

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Yes this has been being discussed for the last couple of weeks.

It's a shame. I know, or knew, the guy from back in my archery days. He has taken a bunch of nice bucks over the years. Now with what he has done he has zero credibility for any future deer or any of his past deer.

He deserves what ever he gets from the courts

6. I don't understand the lie nor the reason to pay 12,000 dollars to shoot a deer. I'll stick to the $24 tags.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

he got his 15 minutes of fame ,and then some.

8. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

a friend in the dnr told me there's a possibility of him losing the rack.
    stay tuned!!!
    that pic of him with the buck is the one from the high fence operations web site.it's no longer on the site but the background in some of the other pics is the same.

9. Wonder if he is any relation to Jimmy Houston?

10. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Now I don't agree at all with what he did reporting it as a legal bow kill, but he did pay for the buck. The state has no business taking the rack. Make him go to court, slap him on the wrist with a fine like they are going to, and be done with it. Then he can look at that big buck on the wall and have it remind him everyday that he's a cheat.

11. Has to be some big company,,Executive or CEO...More money than brains...Nice big deer but I can't see $12,000...Pay to hunt..Why did he check into a check station..Wanted the recognition I guess..Hope he gets hit with a $12,000 fine...Slap him good Your Honor.....Jim.....:(

12. OhioHuntr02

OhioHuntr02 OSU Fisherman

What I cant understand is what was the point of trying to check it in as a legal deer? Some of you have said for recignition purposes but that doesn't make sense...it scored 220 nontypical which obviously is big but it's not like it's big enough to garner people paying you to take it around to show off. I mean it's still almost 90 inches behind the world record.

13. The Jacka$$ probably had high expectations of becoming the next "Professional Hunting Star" on the Outdoor channel.

14. The question is how many do this and get away with it?

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

was this deer shot in ohio?if so,i'd say he broke another law too,unless it was a muzzle loader,that's a typo,or i missed something:confused:

16. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

On private game farms,shooting pen raised deer you can use any weapon you want.:(
    Kinda like shooting a stupid cow in a pasture.
    Just some jack a#$ with more dollars than brains or integrity trying to buy himself some exposure.:mad:

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that was one of the first things that came to mind lewis,which is why i added this.........
    i just had never heard of that law because i've been away from hunting for awhie and don't keep up.and we're definitely in agreement on the rest of your post.

18. I think the guy that checked it in is a idiot. I don't know the whole story but I do know that while most of us follow the rules there are still people that like to make us look bad and this is a great example. The guy should never be allowed to posess a firearm or a hunting and fishing license for like ten years. If he is truly an outdoorsman then he would follow the rules like the rest of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.