close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trolling

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by GWT, Mar 8, 2005.

1. GWT

GWT

I'am looking for some trolling rods. I started trolling last year on Lake Erie for walleyes using Dipsy Divers. I got the reels but I'am looking for some better rods. Anyone have any suggestions like brand name, lenght, action or anything that help me make up my mind.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

st.croix makes some good rods for trolling, I have a 8'6 model i beleive.

3. If you have a chance to stop by Daves bait in vermilion or Dens outpost also in vermilion they can hook you up. I like the okuma classic line. I use the 8' not sure of the model. They are cheap, around 25 I think, but are as good as most for dipseys. I use the 7' classic leadcore model for my board rods. There are lots of good rods for under 30 bucks, Shimano TDR, and alot of others I would call dave or denny and see what they have. Or you might go to the rodmakers shop, I think they are having a sale this weekend.

One important thing is to get matching rods. It makes life alot easier to have rods that are the same next to each other for reading the rods.

Scott

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i have 6 of the daiwa heartlands. oick them up on sale at gander or dicks for about $30.00. like before get them all the same. my first few where all different and makes it hard to tell witch one has a fish on it. if they are the same it will be easier.

5. I have 4 ulgy stiks & 2 heartland rods that work well using dipsys and with mast and planner boards. We have caught more walleyes using the boards then on dipsy. We fish out of Monroe Mi. & Port Clinton Oh.