Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like some information on trolloing speed, I have been trolling dipsy's with stingers and worm harness's my speed is around 1.5 to 2.0, I have been doing OK but not great........ should I increase my speed up? I greatly appreciate all the knowledge on this forum! Thanks........:T

·
Registered
662 Posts
Would like some information on trolloing speed, I have been trolling dipsy's with stingers and worm harness's my speed is around 1.5 to 2.0, I have been doing OK but not great........ should I increase my speed up? I greatly appreciate all the knowledge on this forum! Thanks........:T
With spoons you can try speeding it up around 2.5 or sometimes higher. When using harnesses it all depends on what blades/size you are using. Of course smaller colorados(3' and 4's) can be used at higher speeds, as well as size 4 to 6 willows. When running the larger colorados, the speed you've been running should be fine. Remember though that dipseys are speed dependent, they will run deeper at slower speeds. i think they are rated at 2.0,:confused: don't quote me on that!!;)

·
Lets go Fishin
418 Posts
Try s turns and see if a faster speed fires which will also change your depth, then adjust one to that depth and see if its depth or speed. Yes dipsy's are based at 2.0. I agree with true. Then again they dont call me skunkshowin for nothing

·
Draggin Meat
1,498 Posts
Usually the time of the year dictates speed.

This year has been completely different. Some days 2.5 worked best, the very next day 1.7. With this loooooooong Spring weather your guess is good as mine. If your not gettin em, time to experiment.

Last week dipsy's, spoons worked best 1.5 to 2.0. Who would of thunk it in July. Last year it was 2.5 from June to August.

Keeps you on your toes...

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Speed changes from day to day. Line out plus speed equals depth. I am not sure if it's the speed that triggers the strike, or if the bait is just at the right depth because of the line out and speed. Whichever, I try to duplicate it. All dipsy program, I would be in the 2.3 to 2.6 range. Dipsy's one side, in-lines the other, 1.8 to 2.2 range. All inlines, under 2mph. (Just my take, there will always be exceptions).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts