close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trolling rod holders???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

looking to get some new rod holders for my boat- im looking for a set of 4 holders per side that adjust so i can run planer boards and big dipsies, i was looking at the big jons but i hear they are not spaced enough for good separation, cisco's would be awesome but i just cant drop that much $$$ now, anyone have any good recommendations on a solid holder that wont break the bank- i can get the big jon's for around $190 a side including the 4x4 plate for mounting, anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? id like to keep it around $200 max per side.

2. Look into Tite Lock triples. Should be able to get them for $120 a side. I have them on my boat and they do everything I need.

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

thanks shortdrift, ill check them out, i was hoping for quad holder, but will settle for a triple if i had to--do the titeloks come in quads?

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Yep, they make a 4 banger too, but you'll probably have to go with a track setup...! Check out Captains Gary's they have a really good selection plus they will ship the same day. ;)

5. Workdog

Workdog "One More Time"

Yep, I said that. The BigJons come with only 3 1/2" spacers between the pole holders. I wish they would space them out more. Cisco pipes are about 9" on centers if I recall correctly. I called the BigJon special orders guy, and he sold me two longer rails, and pipes for cheaper than I seen them in the stores. I routed pieces of starboard for spacers in the tracks between the pipes. I'm using 5 3/4" spacers for 8 1/2" on-center pipes and that seems like good spacing to me. Also, you might consider two bases per rail if you are going to run 4 pipes. Lots of strain there.

Workdog