close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trolling Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, Aug 9, 2004.

1. I've heard a few captains on some headboats say that trollers are dragging these 8-10 inch walleye for a long time and killing them by the time they reel them in. I know nothing about trolling, but I guess they can't really tell when these spikes hit. Is this true?

2. I have caught around 75 of these spikes so far this year. I can only think of one time when the fish didn't swim off unharmed and that was because it inhaled a treble hook. A lot of times the little guys will hit the spoon hard and you can tell that they are there, they just don't trip the dipsy.

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

we get them fishing inland lakes and it's noticeable when you have one. your lure will quit working and the rod will be a little heavier.

4. ditto on what fisherman said, i've had hardly any that did not swim down. If you see the innitial hit you can usualy catch it, but after that its hooked and doesn't fight, the fish just wobbles like the spoon.

J

5. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Same here. I've caught over a hundred of them this year and only remember one that didn't swin back down.

6. That's good to know. I am definitely looking forward to these walleye in 2006!!!

7. Same problem lately on Erie. Those little things will hit and its hard to tell. But, I have not had one yet that didn't swim away, even if a few did try to inhale the treble of my spoon.

8. Ditto..same Here//////