Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are headed up to fish off of Cranberry Creek this weekend. Just wondering if anyone is catching any walleye, by casting or trolling. What you might be using for bait and your technique.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
When you heading there? I'm going to give it try in the morning and will report afteward.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fished it last weekend, and the bite was as tough for us as it has been all year. The farm animals really had moved in from CC Marina to the Castle, in the 28-34 FOW area. We did get walleye on dipsy/spoons, for the first time this year. I would check with Woody at the marina, but I would suggest starting at the 27/27 line, it seems like they have moved deeper. But, you know how things can change in a week.

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
I'll be up in the a.m. if the lake is flat enough to take my 10 yr old nephew out in a 17.5' boat. Last weekend it was reef runners and dipsy/harness at 1.9 mph in 30-35' of water that scored several for us.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lauched Friday morning early from CC. Wow those waves where bigger then predicted. Ran to the 25/25 line but within a few hours i was back at the dock waiting the weather/wind out. Admittedly i got a little "greeen" out there. A big thanks to Woody and Tim at CC for letting borrow a slip for a few hours while i waited. Took a couple hour nap on my bow in the sun. Hit the water again about 1pm ran north of CC to 38-40FOW, lots of marks out there. Pulled harnesses behind 2oz, 25-35 back. First fish came within a few mins. #5 gold colorado / red beads got tow of my fish today. Green prism RR got the other two one of which was just under 8#. Trolled most of the day north of CC. Lots of good marks in the 26FOW area closer to evening. Two white bass and three sheeps. Night and day difference as far as waves go from morning to when i headed in. Thanks Capt Kevin for the call and advice. Nice talking to you Krusty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts