close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trolling motors iam looking at

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Fish4Fun, May 8, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok guys iam looking at a minn kota power drive 40lb thrust 42" shaft think it will be good enough for the 14 ft boat. If all works out will be able to pick it up early to mid next week have to work all weekend. Any thoughts or suggestions before i buy. I found it at wally world for $311

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Fish: that sounds like it will work just fine. For a power drive that's a decent price also. Now go get it so you can fish with us :D

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Heck , if thats why you need it F4F , it seems that you have all season to get one ! :D Man it seems that the old guys forgot when its time for fishin and that we will never get goin . :D :D

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

tell me about it

5. I like my PD50, but it is strain on the back to retract it back in the boat. There are better trollers from that perspective. I'd check out the mechanics of deployment and retraction. Experienced fisherman have had same comment after jerking the motor back into the locked position. Other than that, it's great for trolling from your side console seat or anywhere in boat. Lasts an entire day of tooling around my 16' aluminum side console. Heard a few stories about circuit board failure and I personally returned a dead one to Cabelas.com, but that was a remanufactured one.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

got the 40lb powerdrive and got it installed on the boat