close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trolling motor

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by jaredj, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Hey all, What would be a good electric trolling motor for a 16'3" fiberglass bass tracker? The one I have on it is old and the continuous switch seems to be broken. What do you recommend? Its a old 24V 45 LBS Motor guide on there now. I don't have a lot to spend. It is kind of loud and squeaky at the foot pedal. Where should I look if I buy one? Or where can I look to replace the broken switch on my current one? Thanks all

2. If you don't have a lot of money, look on ebay. You can usually get them pretty cheap there.
    LaDo

3. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Just make sure you get one powerful enough to pull you around in the wind.
    I would go withat least 42lbs of thrust, peferably higher 48 or 52. Some may feel this is overkill but you will appreciate it on windy days. In the spring and fall the wind is always blowing hard. Also try to get one that has multiple speeds, Mine only has 3 settings and wish it had more. With 3 speeds sometimes 1 is too slow but 2 is too fast. If I had more speeds to choose from it would be nice. As for brands I would go with motor guid or min kota, both are good. Good luck.