Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apoloize ahead of time to those that may not like seeing this on this forum. However, this problem is a serious fishing set back. I had just started trolling about a month ago and then my kicker motor (a 1970's 3.9 hp mercury) overheats on me and starts leaking oil. Anyhow, I'm in t he market to buy a newer one for my 17.5" Lowe. If anyone has one for sale thats less than 10 yrs old and between 5 & 9.9 HP please let me know.......If you don't have one for sale, ANY suggestions on a good/fair dealer would be helpful.
Thanks
Brian

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
Check Craigslist - there were quite a few small outboards on it earlier this year.

·
turkeymikey
154 Posts
I would go to Haines Marine in Andover. They have a decent selection of used motors and they have been gone through and tested. They have been around for many years and have an excellent reputation. [email protected] They will treat you right!

·
Banned
544 Posts
Is the motor circulating water?? ie:waterpump/impeller......leaking oil-where from??.....u could check with Parma Marine to see if they would check the motor over...they are not a Merc dealer however.
i do have a 7.5hp merc, short shaft, pull start-tiller, just serviced new plugs & impeller, fresh paint, early 80's.....good runner $375
i live in Wadsworth 44281

1 - 6 of 6 Posts