close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trolling motor transform?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by ParmaBass, Apr 11, 2004.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Anyone out there know if there's any way to turn my 36" shaft into a 42".
    Just got a new boat and I wanted to keep my larger motor but as you see above it's only 36". Minn Kota by the way if that helps.

Thanks!

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

contact minn kota and see if they will sell a longer shaft for the model motor you have.it may not be that difficult of a job to do unless you would have to install longer wiring because of the new shaft.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

ever try to remove a shaft? tried once and it was impossible to remove. i think they are permanent??? not sure though.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Parma:
    Not sure what part of the state your from, but authorized dealers/ Repair centers can do that. Boat things here in Columbus had done several. If you haven't done it I'd suggest calling them. Ty's done all my work for years, great guys and really treats you fair. I've sent loads of guys to him. If you can't find a repair center by you let me know I'll give you his Ph.#