close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trolling motor transducer problems

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by la2ohio, Oct 5, 2004.

1. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

I have a powerdrive minn kota trolling motor and just applied a trolling motor transducer to it and was wondering how do all of you avoid pinching the cable when bringing the motor back up. Right now I have it taped to the shaft but can't bring it back up without pinching or tangling the cable with the housing and when I turn the motor the cable is too taught and doesn't allow me to do the standard 360 turn. What do I do???? :confused:

Will (la2ohio)
    cadethardy@yahoo.com

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

On my old boat I put the cable in that black corrogated wire covering that the automobile industry uses to hold harness with, then I wire tied the stuff to the shaft of the trolling motor, it's kind of bulky but it won't allow the cable to get sheared or pinched between the mount and the arms that allow the trolling motor to deploy from the cradle. You can buy the stuff in several different colors to match your boat at any automobile store or Radio Shack............Doc

3. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i ran the cable on mine to where it's on the top side of the shaft when the motor is stowed.i left enough slack cable on the shaft to compensate for when the motor turns but i never turn the motor in a full 360,just from about the 7oclock position to the 5oclock position.almost a full 360 but it lets me put the boat where i want to.

4. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

Thanks guys...I will give both of those suggestions a try.

Love this site...it sure does help having all of these ideas being tossed around.

Will (la2ohio) ;)