close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trolling motor help - quit working

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Fishdog, Jul 15, 2007.

1. I have an older ('88) Minn Kota 565 bow mount trolling motor that quit working yesterday in the "mom" or momentary(?) position in which you have to depress the pedal to operate, but it works fine in the "constant on" position. I've checked all wires, etc, but by no means am I an expert - So I ask what I should look for to determine the problem? Any help would be appreciated. I'm to the point of deciding whether it's time to just buy a new one, but dang are they expensive. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

prolly in the pedal , a little contact cleaner never hurts. at least thats what i would try first ,then start checking wires for power after that.

3. The switch mom/constant switch is bad. Moagadore Bait and Tackle will probably have one if you are close to Akron. Simple change out.

4. Tried new con/on/mom switch with no luck. Any other thoughts or suggestions before I beat it with a hammer?

5. Where are you located. If you can bring it by the house, I can give you a hand. I am in east Akron.