close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trolling motor battery suggestions

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by KSUFLASH, Mar 22, 2005.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I need to pickup 2 trolling motor batteries. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

flash-----------------------------out

2. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

im gonna get another one this year also. I have heard good things about Walmart everstart batteries. I plan to get the 29 series (the big yellow one). I have had bad luck with interstate fyi.

3. I like the AGM style batteries(no maintenance). They are pricey but I recommend Dual Pro batteries. www.dualpro.com

4. Go to Mogadore Bait and Tackle and get the 31 series by Trojon. You won't find and better battery for the proce.

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Mr Leeabu, I hope to see you on Mogadore this year as I now have the boat to use on that lake.....good to hear from ya....i will investigate the baitshops batteries.

flash----------------------------out

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Check Wal-Mart or Sams club. Both are carry the same batteries and the cheapest I've found. I've had them for several years and NEVER had a problem.

7. I too have heard good things about the batteries at Wal-Mart and will probably pick one up this weekend...dependable, good prices, etc.

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I've got the Wally Everstarts (that 29Maxx is sweet) for both trolling and cranking, and they are rock solid for the money.

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

how about a suggestion on a lightweight trolling motor battery for my inflatable?? the spot i would like to goto would have taken me 45minutes plus to row to.. it got tired real faast..lol

10. See you on the water Ben. I have the itch bad. I usually have a couple of 6 pounders by now.

11. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

This battery is as good as advertised. (crappielooker) It's lighter than standard 12v batteries, and has power to spare. I can troll for hours! -Hooch-

12. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Picked up the last deep cycle battery at the lewis center area walmart today. It was a 29 series everstart max. With tax it was 69 dollars. Pretty good deal.

13. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Those big yellow batteries are awsome . I dont think I'll ever use anything else . The only draw back is the weight but for reliability & price , they cant be beat .

14. As of a few years ago (and I doubt it's changed), there were only THREE battery manufacturers in the United States. Most batteries are pretty much the same except the label they wear. There may be some differences in Brand "A" vs. Brand "B" specifications to the factory that makes them both, but you and I may not experience any difference.

I have had good success with my group 31 batteries from Batteries Plus. I know guys that have used the Wal-Mart batteries with equal success.

Just don't buy a used or "reconditioned" battery from the junk yard. You'll get what you pay for--or less.

15. Toboso is right, though I thought it was only two, Exide and Johnson Controls. We've done a lot of work for JC, and those who visited the plant watched the batteries roll down the line. Same batteries, different labels.

16. I have the same question Flash. I was at Wally World last night and I looked at the batteries. I seen a small marine trolling battery for like $35 and a larger one for $55. I was wondering do I need to get a Marine battery or will any battery work? I've got one of these "power station" boxes so I won't have to worry about the battery getting too wet. Thanks guys.

17. Hey Tiger! You should get a marine battery. Regular batteries are not designed to be discharged and recharged. Marine are...deep cycle! A regular battery might leave you stranded!!!:eek: Hope this helps.

18. Great thanks. I will keep that in mind.