Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to pose a question to all you trollers out there. When trolling husky jerks, do you use the suspending versions for the most part (HJ14) ? Do you use planers, dipseys , or jet divers ? I've been using the suspending HJ14, 90 feet back, at a 1.0-1.8 speed, with no planers or divers, with limited success. I've bee fishing 8-20 ft of water, so it's easy to lose the whole set up when using dipseys, divers, etc.. Any tips you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.

KDawg

·
Registered
269 Posts
Trolling the hj's at night usually involves long line trolling, or with side planers.
Fishing deeper water during the day would require getting it down to wherever the fish are holding. If fishing at night also try rattling rogues, and our most productive color by far as been the clown pattern either in a rattling rogue or husky jerk.

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
KDawg,

I haven't been doing the night thing, BUT, most have been trolling the suspending jerks, from boards, at 1.6 - 1.8, in 6-10 fow, and from the whispers I've been hearing they have been doing very well.

Kim

·
Registered
833 Posts
The whispers are right Kim, lol. I've been hearing the same thing. No hawgs but lots of fish up to 25"-27".

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. I caught 3 more last night from the pier. I know they are probably slaying them out in the boat at night, but I think I will stick to the pier at night, I just don't like being out there at night for some reason. Thanks again.

KDawg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts