close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trolling for stripers

Discussion in 'Stripers & Hybrids' started by farmboy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. farmboy

farmboy gone fishing

I was wanting info on how to troll for stripers on the big O. my dad and I have trolled for them on some lakes in Kentucky with good luck. I was wandering what and where to look , types of baits and how deep and what parts of the river and best time of the day.:confused: any and all info will be greatly appreciated thank you .

2. i dont think many people do much other than pull cranks, if you have downriggers i have always wanted to troll some of the deeper mouths and outside of points, there has to be big stripers somewhere, or pull shad behind them and find some cats. you cant go wrong for numbers of fish pulling shadraps though, creek mouths and anywhere with rock from 6-15 usually holds something. as for time of day it can vary, i have caught them in the middle of the day in the summer on many occasions, morning and evening is more traditional

3. farmboy

farmboy gone fishing

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY!!!! I will take the advice and use it for the greater good of fishing . I guess we will us the same tactics we us in the lakes.
    I will post later on what works and doesn't hope to find the right technique for the big O for it is the biggest body water that is the closest to home.
    I hope to post good info later for other anglers. :D