Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to troll for steel heads at conneaut.
But have never done it before.
I troll for walleye,all the time on erie, but need help/direction on how?
I'm looking for help. Plan on taking my wife and my boy fishing for perch, then steel head. any advice, and tips will be appreciated.
I need to know what kind of lures,how deep more or less,and spoons,or stick baits. thanks guys. plan on this friday and saturday.
She doesnt lie to go out on the boat, But wants to this weekend. Hoping to show her a good time.:p

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
They can be had around the breakwalls. Good spots around the Eastern opening to the harbor. We have got em good on the eastern break walls then up the shoreline towards PA. Still a little early on trolling em up in good numbers...Day break be your best bet...

Storm Wiggle Warts, Jr Thundersticks (red squiggle), and a variety of shallow diving baits can get you bites...

·
Registered
166 Posts
'Bagger has you started down the right road - any shallow diving baits off the boards in "bright" patterns - chartreuses, oranges, reds, pinks, etc. I also occassionally run deep diving sticks, Hot-n-Tots, in the "digger positions" like divers, 30 to 50 back - usually generates JARRING strikes, from big aggressive silvers. Conneaut is a little different than working the trib mouths on the PA shore due to depth, but I'd also try 1 to 3 color cores on the boards with similar colored spoons as well as on riggers 50 to 60 back, down 3 to 10 feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts