close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trolling at Milton

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BIG J LAV, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I bought my first actual trolling rod (with line counter) today and am meeting a friend out at Milton this eve to get burned by the sun, I mean catch some Walleye. The set up I chose is a 7' Diawa ML rod with smaller Okuma reel with built in counter. Can I get some advice on what lures may run what depths with so much line out? I picked up a hot-n-tot, walleye diver, Deep thunderstick, Wiggle Wart and I have a few other options in my box. Don't know much about Milton, but from what I know myself is try to find the edge of the weeds anywhere and go with it. Any suggestions on what to run for what depths, and how much line out? Putting 8lb. test on. Will I want to use swivels or clips or leaders?:T
    ________
    SIMCA 9

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. Well plans changed and I won't be at Milton, Mogadore instead. I would still appreciate any information for future use. Thanks.
    ________
    Honda S800 history

3. I dont troll but im sure you'll need more than 8lb test line.

4. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

No weeds at Milton. The eyes are probably suspending over deeper water and the hot-n-tot could be a good lure. It should get down to around the
    14' depth with the 8# test and about 100' of line out. Good Luck.

5. Thanks for the info. 300. We ran the tot's with about 50-60 ft. out and got 2 nice crappies at Mogadore. Ended up at the wall with bobbers 1/2 hr before dark and got a bunch of small gills. My buddy had something big on for about 3-4 minutes. It never came up but I was able to see the top of the bobber under water before the fish spit his hair jig and maggots. Maybe a cat? It smacked the bobber as soon it hit the water near the wall and the fight was on. It was definitely big! His first trip out to Mogadore, He'll definitely be back.
    ________
    Alaska medical marijuana