close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trollin

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by edge13, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Looking for some input here guys......

Personally I cast for muskie about 90% of the time, but i do want to have the capabaility to troll. Since i just got my new boat this spring i havent outfitted it with rod holders yet. i was wondering if anyone had recomendations as far as a brand or type they prefer.....

I know that draging a 10" plug at 5mph has to be more than most rodholders can handle....

thanks for the help guys

edge

2. Tite-locs are strong . We use them trolling dipseys on Erie .

3. THE WHITE WORM

THE WHITE WORM WOBBLE-WOBBLE

Shooters 2 Strong Arms, Best Brand By Far. Haha

4. meat17

meat17 meat17

down east are the best rod holders

5. A guy i work with uses down east....

the only problem is that my rods have trigers on them, so that means they will not fit in the down east....:(

i got the Privilege to fish with muskie pro Dale Whiley last year at St Clair and he uses Bulletproof tackle. The only problem is that i cant justify having $90 a piece ($70 for holder & $20 for mouting plate) tied up in rod holders.
    that would be $360 worth of rod holders:eek:

they are really nice though......

6. one problem white worm.....

shooters arms arent quite what they used to be:D

7. All my trolling rods have triggers on them and I use down east holders!! Just put the trigger in behind the holder. Where the two halves form the tube. Are you using spinning or baitcasters/line counter reels? I've tried other holders and I found the downeast the simplest to use, one hand is all you need!!

8. THE WHITE WORM

THE WHITE WORM WOBBLE-WOBBLE

They Aint As Good As They Once Were, But They Are As Good Once As They Ever Were.

They Could Still Beat The Little Mexican Arm Wrestling.

9. I took my down east apart and did a little grinding and filing and they now accept the trigger just fine. I didn’t have to remove much material to make the rods I have fit.

Dallas

10. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

My buddy has some down east and they are perfect.

11. well i ran across a great deal on some rod holders made by cannon. the good folks at dicks had them on the wrong peg hook and i got them for $10 a piece... (couldnt pass it up) i think they are built alot better than any of the other plastic holders on the market.... i will be on the water with them this weekend and i will post how they hold up... if they suck it sounds like down east are the way to go.

thanks for all your help guys!:T :B

edge

12. I am glad to say that i am totally pleased with my cannons. fished hard saturday and sunday. thanks for your input guys!

edge