Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this. Bought a trollmaster this winter and it worked great until Thursday. Call up trollmaster talk to a man there how help trouble shoot the problem. I end up taking the servo off and taking to a local hobbie shop to have it check as per the man I talk to. The clerk said it was bad, so I called back trollmaster and they told me no problem will send you a new servo. Well they did and now it is working great again. My hats off the people who work a trollmaster. It is nice have a company stand behind their product and the speed to get me backup and running again. Thank you.

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Its good that their service is good, but too bad you had to find out. Mine is only 5 outings old and starting having problems on Saturday.

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
That is exactly what it did. I guess I can look forward to it dying on me here soon.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I emailed Trollmaster and asked if they could support a 1966 3.9HP Mercury (our kicker...that Hetfield insulted on Saturday!) We actually have 2 of them, same motor. They run great and use very little gas.

As expected, of course, the Trollmaster can't be used on it. Oh well, I thought I'd ask at least.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I was just asking if you had it going full throttle. It was meant to be funny, not insulting.:D :D

It does kinda resemble my weedwhacker, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey stopper the next step will be it just stop responding to the controller. The light are on, but the servo will not respond to the dial. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
I hope my comments here don't bring a black cloud over my boat and the trollmaster craps out:eek:. My first unit came from Mercury and that was BAD NEWS!:( Seems Merc bought up a lot of old Trollmaster inventory that had been discontinued and continued (maybe still selling it) supplying it though it did not function all that well. Sent it back to Mercury and Bill at Trollmaster sent me a new unit which was the model prior to the now digital system. It is going on the second trouble free year and I hope it continues as it sure is a great tool to have.:) I just may go to the local RC Shop here and see what they may have as an upgrade spare.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've found Trollmaster's service to be outstanding. Bill has sent me replacement servos before at no charge. Unfortunately, there are two weak links in the system. The servo motor seems to have a limited lifespan, and the controller is not waterproof, which is bad in a marine environment. I've found it's good to hkeep a spare servo around, especially if you are on extended trips or tournaments. For $10 you can get a replacement servo here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDEL7

When it's working, it's one of the best "tools" on my boat.

Tim

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I was just asking if you had it going full throttle. It was meant to be funny, not insulting.:D :D

It does kinda resemble my weedwhacker, though.
Well, we also have a 1980-something Merc. 9.9Hp. We may have to use that if my dad comes back on Thursday with that 19-foot Starcraft Islander he is looking at. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts