close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trip To Bass Pro Shops

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Micro_Mini_Angler, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

hey guys just got back from bass pro in Cincinnati, picked up some stuff. got a new combo, a new rod holder, some catfish stink bait, some cat hooks, and a few other things. but my question is has anyone ever used the Bill Dance "advantage" bait, that is what i got but was wondering if it really worked like it did for him on one of his shows.

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Now Ole Bill wouldn't stretch the truth would he?

3. What is an Advantage Bait?

4. stink baits, manufactured baits and such ive learned from reading posts in the catfish section and reading articles do work, but in most cases for catfish live or cut bait works best especially for bigger cats, yeah itll probally work, but u might get alot of dinks before u get a bigger one, were as live bait or cut bait u better ur chances for a bigger cat taking it. jmo

how was the sales, i know they have there labor day sales going on anything that stuck out as a super buy?

5. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

I think what you got is a doughbait/stinkbait if I am correct. They do work for catfishing but you will get a lot of smaller fishes pecking at the bait and you will get smaller cats compare to say using goldfishes, shiners, or bluegills.

6. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

ok thanks guys, i just thought i would buy some cuz i never have the money to go and get night crawlers and stuff.