Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. Trying to help my neighbor out. 150 HP Suzuki. Trim switch on motor and helm do not work. Won’t power up or down. Battery is fully charged. Thought maybe a fuse associated with it but checked the number 2 fuse and that’s good. Trying to find out the wires on it. Blue (Raises?) Red and one White with a red stripe?

Motor is only 5 years old. Was attempting late tonight but don’t see any obvious signs of corrosion on any connections or relays by the motor trim switch.

Any help on trouble shooting this would be great.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
some motors have relays in the line . just keep following the wires, another might be a kill switch unhooked. corroded fuse pull clean ,just thinking hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It's most likely a relay. There's may be a couple different ones. If it was solenoids they'd buzz. Like bountyhuunter said change fuse even if not looking bad. If you have a tester check for continuity at the switch. To check the trim/tilt motor jump the leads on the solenoid from hot wire to motor, if nothing happens and there is juice then you have a bad motor....not cheap. It's been a few years since I messed with one and I think I told you right, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I’ll go back over and try to follow the wires further. Hopefully something simple for them. I’ll swap out the fuses too even though it looked good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts