Trigger Release Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by srcasticman, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I'm thinking about buying one of those trigger releases that attach to your wrist. My question is can i use that without having a hook and loop on my compound bow, or do i have to have a loop? Thanks.

2. There's other reasons to shoot with a D-Loop. I tried and didn't care for it.

I have a Scotto Little -bitty Goose and shoot it right off the string with no problem, accuracy wise. The serving will get chewed up over time, but I have no problem reserving a bowstring.

3. ReadHeaded Hunter

ReadHeaded Hunter Catchin eyes

I used to shoot w/o a loop and it didn't bother me. i shoot with a loop now though and definitely like it better. i got one put on at gander mnt. for a dollar so i'd say its a good investment

4. Just becare about your draw length. Adding a loop or even just a release can add length and cause some sore arms.

5. Just buy the string and loop it yourself!

6. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i don't use a loop, i just hook the release onto the string right below the bottom arrow knock stopper

7. No u dont have to have a loop! Can use a trigger right on the string but wears out string faster! I love the loops, wouldnt shoot any other way but that is my opinion!

8. I use a string loop and like it. The release I use is trufire hurricane buckle foldback. It's super comfortable and adjustable.

9. I did not use the loop until last year after I caused string damage under the serving to my string causing my bow to let go in my case. This happen right at the beginning of season. I had to give up hunting time to get my rig set back up and resighted. Take my advice for what little it cost it will save alot more later. I realy like it.