Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 6th.My grandson and I tried to catch some catfish at a local county lake. Got our lines in the water around 11:40, there were already a number of other fishermen at the dam wall area.
. The lake water was clouded up some and strong winds keep on gusting while we were there. We had chicken liver and strawberry seasoned chicken breast for bait. Both of us had one rod dead line and one with a bobber rig.

I got one bite on the bobber rig with the chicken breast at 12:20, my only bite of the day. My grandson tried for some trout with corn and had a couple of bites but no hook ups. At 13:50 he did finally catch a decent size Bluegill on a wax worm. So He was not skunked anyway. Of the 7 guys fishing by us, I only saw 2 of them catch fish. The one guy had a number of channel cats and a few trout in his basket. He was using night crawlers for bait. The other guy I saw caught 1 channel cat

We packed it in and headed for home around 14:30. No bites and the winds were getting stronger. Since the river is in flood might have try there again in the future. The fishing gods are still mad at me for something, for I just can get any action when fishing. The positive side we were able to spend some time together. I also figured out the problem I had with my closed face spinning reel so it cast well now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts