Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new property in Medina county. Just east of wadsworth on Medina line rd. Had my first trespassers today. Wish I was home to confront them. Think they were mushroom or turkey hunting. Gonna post it and set more cell cameras. Hopefully next time I can get some face pics.
Plant Military camouflage Helmet Tree Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
721 Posts
That’s BS respect your neighbors. How far into the property was it? If it’s on a boarder it’s a possibility but I would imagine it’s not and it’s some guys disrespecting your land like you said. Good luck hopefully you catch them.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Call your local game Warden send him the pics it will get the ball rolling especially when they get caught he will see it's a recurring issue. Make sure you press charges. If you don't they will never learn

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Actually the sheriff is a better option. I agree though, press chargers.
Press charges against who?..someone?..or do you mean once you found out who it is?..that could take awhile...I'm like you, I would wanna take matters in my own hands if I found out who it was...
No pic of them walking back through where they came from?...maybe try and figure out which way they kept going and set up another cam facing back towards what would be their faces...I doubt they were too far off a trail...kinda looks like they were walking on one.
You may never see them again, hard to tell...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for tips guys. I’ll just set a few more cameras out and stop by more often. I’m only 10 mins away. Definitely will post it today. Just thought maybe someone might see this post and you never know it could get back to
The people trespassing. Small world. Thanks

·
'Super Moderator'
13,889 Posts
Yep...welcome to the world of land ownership.
Sadly you'll have to post it heavily and put cameras out. You may even have a few cameras stolen after word gets out you have cameras so it's not a bad idea to hide some cameras up high watching your lower cameras. And don't forget to carry your cell phone with you when you visit in case you run into trespassers. A quick pic of them when you first approach them before giving them their first and only warning often works. Of course...If'n you have prior trail am pics of same guys...especially after you've heavily posted...id press charges when I actually caught them since they are totally ignoring the signs.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Press charges against who?..someone?..or do you mean once you found out who it is?..that could take awhile...I'm like you, I would wanna take matters in my own hands if I found out who it was...
No pic of them walking back through where they came from?...maybe try and figure out which way they kept going and set up another cam facing back towards what would be their faces...I doubt they were too far off a trail...kinda looks like they were walking on one.
Once he finds out who it is. That's why I said get in contact with the authorities now. It starts a story line and shows history of trespassing. If he catches them with a firearm that now turns basic trespassing into a possible felony. That will stop them

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Press charges on the trespassers once identified.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Once he finds out who it is. That's why I said get in contact with the authorities now. It starts a story line and shows history of trespassing. If he catches them with a firearm that now turns basic trespassing into a possible felony. That will stop them
Yes. Document document and document again.
then when you slap the peanut butter out of them you can say it’s a ongoing problem and now they confronted you! Just sayin’

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yep...welcome to the world of land ownership.
Sadly you'll have to post it heavily and put cameras out. You may even have a few cameras stolen after word gets out you have cameras so it's not a bad idea to hide some cameras up high watching your lower cameras. And don't forget to carry your cell phone with you when you visit in case you run into trespassers. A quick pic of them when you first approach them before giving them their first and only warning often works. Of course...If'n you have prior trail am pics of same guys...especially after you've heavily posted...id press charges when I actually caught them since they are totally ignoring the signs.
I would carry more than a phone if I were confronting trespassers. Preferably a second person with me, also carrying more than a phone.

·
Registered
342 Posts

felony?? yeah right just an M-4

they sure seen the cam imo and did not steal it! hands in pocket, , no guns, scouting but most likely shrooming. My money is on neighboring hunt camp. May not have known previous owner sold and or had let them come over for years and or shared properties. who knows. Too many plausible defenses if those variables applied. Paint mark every tree on your line if you feel the need. Meet your neighbors before gun week to curb this. If there are neighboring entrances, gates and camps, leave a flyer outlining which land you bought, crude boundries etc. leave inside a ziplock bag and tie/tape to each camp entrance, door. Of course you may make enemies and say i wont be keeping an eye out on his property anymore.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts