close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tressle is an IDIOT!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by dip, Sep 10, 2005.

1. dip

dip dip

who says mr suspension (troy smiff) is owed equal playing time? the chump has been spended last 2 games and zwick did an adequate job. just doesn't seem the time to play musical qb's is agin the #2 team. i've seen crusty camel dung that had more active brain cells than tressle. lets run the imbecile outta town. i'm going fishing. might as well be a notre dame fan. !%

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

seems to be doing ok, score is 13-10 right now....

3. im just glad smith is in the game. i just hope smith stays in the rest. zwick is good for the miami of ohio, just not the big boys.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Looks like Tressel is doing just fine. He gave Zwick a chance to see what he could do, now it's Smiths turn. OSU is ahead 16-13 at half. I'd say he (tressel) is doing just fine.

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

all of it sure doesn't make a difference now.looks like we'll lose by 1.good game,wrong outcome for ohio state!
    they had the ball down close 3 times with no tds.ya gotta be able to put the ball in the endzone.

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Dip I do have to agree now, what was he thinking why was Zwick in there?????? Maybe next week Zwick will be carrying the water! Piss poor playing for a Jr. quarterback.

7. I would have to agree, Smtih would have gave us more options when we only needed 40 yards or so, the defense gave us the game, played great all night long and the play calling on offense just really sucked.

8. I still like Tressel but he played way too conservative tonight. Should have went for the k.o. instead of playing for all those 3 pointers. When you are only up less than 7 points , a good quarterback will find a way to beat you 80 % of the time. A great quarterback will do it 99% of the time.

His championships at YSU and the one at OSU will convince him to keep his cards close to his vest. With all the offensive weapons that OSU has I cannot understand why he will not use them. The defense played like they were possessed and yet still get a loss hung on them.

This game will be hard to swallow for all us diehard Buckeye fans.

9. BuckeyeTom

BuckeyeTom Muskie and Catfish

Never again will you hear me say that the Big 12 is overrated! Iowa State and Texas just took two of us out. Oh, and as an Ohio State Fan I have to say Michigan got SPANKED by Notre Dame,lol!

Simple as this... You can't play Musical QB and win a National Title! Get the offense on the same page with our AWESOME D and we may be alright. AJ Hawk for HEISMAN,lol!

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I agree, the offense was never in sync, because of the 2 quaterbacks...A bad decission by tressle to do it this week...He could have waited till next week to play games.

11. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

I have to agree about the weak offensive showing. Our defense is awesome, and national champ calibur. Way to conservative play calling on offense. Where was Ginn? National champ hopes down the toilet, but we could still win the BigTen. Oh Yeah!(Go Browns!Go Indians!Go Newman!),Jonathan

12. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Tressel should have stayed with Smith who got us all of our points. Instead he puts Zwick back in and he does nothing. Then he fumbles. On Texas's last touchdown they should have rushed more than 3 people, when they had pressure on Young, Young couldn't do a thing. A.J. Hawk was great, they should have put him in as Fullback so he could run over everybody. He was smart whenever he got the fumble that the guy practically handed right to him and the pick, he just tryed to protect the ball. Hawk should win the Heisman.

13. Now I have to listen to my D___ sister down in the Big D gloat over that win last night. Like I told her, you can't go three times to the red zone without coming out with more than fieldgoals. It's a D___ shame that the Defense played as well as they did and the "O" couldn't hold up their end but that falls on Tressel. I don't care what some Guru's say, the 2 quarterback system sucks. Smith is their future.

14. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Forget it guys and go fishing.

15. Tomorrow to Squitto. Right now I'm watching and hoping the Chargers beat the hell out of the cowboys! lol

16. I agree whole-heartedly. Just pick one of the two and go with him.

Tressel was out-coached by the coach must people think is the worst gameday coach in the NCAA. It really wasn't about Zwick/Smith after all. The person who could have won the game for OSU was Pittman. He ran hard all game and didn't get enough carries to control the game. Ginn looked pretty awful all game too.

Eric

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Sort of funny, Flathunter & I were listening to the game & the announcers called the FG from 50 yards as GOOD. So we were pretty happy, they came back from break & said it was BAD. I thought, How in the hell can they get a call so F'd up? We as were thousands of other thought the Bucs were safe for 3 minutes. (would ahve been more than a 1 score game)

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'm impressed, DIP that was the longest post, I've ever seen you make!

19. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Forget me if I am wrong, but who threw the pass to Hanby in the endzone? Was it not Zwick? That was a good pass and it hit him in the hand 3 TIMES! We had all the chances in the world to win that game. Coach Tressel cannot make the plays boys - he put the right guys in the position - we just didn't win this time.

Those linebackers were amazing to watch, weren't they? They tried to knock their qb out with just hard legal hitting - and it almost worke!

20. Good point Crankus! Everyone comes down hard on Justin but he had several passes dropped that were perfectly placed. Smith had the one very nicely placed pass to Holmes for the TD but other than that he really did not throw the ball well. I had no problem with Zwick getting the chance to lead them down the field at the end. It is just unfortunate that the only turnover they have in the game cost them their chance to win. It should have never come down to that. As was stated Hamby should have had the TD. And somewhere in the stretch of several possessions starting in Texas' end of the field you have to find a way to put the ball in the end zone.

As much as I hate to say it, Texas deserved to win that game. They made the mistakes but their defense came up big with stops and they did not stop battling. OSU just did not know how to deliver the knockout punch when they had the chance.

Overall it was a very good game. The only thing that tainted it was the final score.