Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something other then the burlap sack material to put around the rails of 6 stands that will conceal some movement? I would prefer material that’s not going to kill my bank account or have my wife kill me

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Some bigger sticks/limbs maybe?..if they have some leaves on them even better...what kind of stands are we talking?..I'm assuming not climbers...just something to break your silhouette is all you need...I use a camo wrap that goes around my climber...works well, keeps the wind off of you, and your lower movement is totally concealed...it was just a roll of camo canvas/plastic material I got at cabelas or somewhere can't remember...ties onto the rails...if you're sitting, the only thing seen is your head...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Camo sheets work good although no weather protection.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I also use the Guide Gear roof kit off Amazon. I modify them with a layer of sheet metal or rubber roofing membrane as a roof panel to be 100% water tight. The frame part itself is super strong and has never bent after years of use. Between the roof and wall curtain you can turn a 2 man stand into an all weather blind. When it’s raining out I don’t even wear rain gear. I walk in with an umbrella and leave it collapsed at the base of the tree when I walk in.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I’ve taken old artificial Christmas trees and cut limbs off and attached them to the tree around some ladder and permanent stands to give some back drop and break up my outline. Would be a pain for a portable stand though.

Reactions: Muddy

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I’ve taken old artificial Christmas trees and cut limbs off and attached them to the tree around some ladder and permanent stands to give some back drop and break up my outline. Would be a pain for a portable stand though.
I’ve done that also.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I like the leaf pattern camo mesh , not the burlap..... not the best in the wind,use wire for hanging when setting there stand in a small cluster of trees, otherwise just around the rail and stand , but no longer in a tree but still use it in the shooting house and use it on the porch , I like looking through the open cut leaves watching deer in hiding deciding whether to harvest or not

Tree Property Woodland House Forest
Room Property Furniture Building Chair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts