close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tree removal Services ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WalleyeGuy, Aug 22, 2005.

1. We have a large Pine Tree that we need to take out.
    It is rather close to the house.
    It is 70-80 Ft. Tall and the lower limbs are in the power lines.
    There would be a lot of board footage from it.
    I am in Medina County. Just 700 FT from Lorain county.
    Remove it for the lumber and we clean up the limbs and brush from it.
    Any takers?

2. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

If the limbs are in the power lines you may be able to get the Power company to take it down. I know they have done that for other people in the past. That way they don't have to keep comming back to trim it year after year. Just a thought. It never hurts to ask.

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Being pine, I doubt you'll find someone to do it just for the lumber.

It's hard, if not impossible to get someone to come out for a single tree (for the lumber), for that matter.

I would plan on spending at least 3-$500 to have it removed.

4. I also have a large pine in my front yard, along with many others in the 1 1/2- 2' trunk dia. I called the DNR to see if they knew some one, but they said no. They would rather go into the woods for many of them but not thru small plots of property for a dozen or so. go figure

5. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

just a couple of thoughts on this I was in the tree industry for 15 years
    1 if you are located in an area with multiple home like a subdivision most sawmills will not eveen look at the tree due to the possibility of nails wire or other things that can damage the mills saw blades
    2 after your discription of the trees location near the house and power lines the cost is likely to be more in the range of 800-1000 $ Pine makes alot of debries and a tree that size will fill most chip boxes on a truck.

6. I would clean up the debris. Start a fire, pop open a brew and back off as it get hotter.
    Just take the trunk away if wanted.
    If it costs more than 200-300.00 I take the front porch roof out and replace it after the big crash.

7. Call the power company first IF the tree is in the lines. My mother-in-law had the same situation...called Ohio Edison. They came out and cut it down for nothing. They mulched brush and she just had to get rid of logs. Plenty of takers there.