Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with 3 big box hardware stores and two lumber yards that practically laughed at me when I asked about getting an order of treated lumber. 4x4 posts are as rare as FishOhio walleyes in my livewell. Good luck to anyone planning to buy materials for a fence or deck! the pandemic strikes agaian.

Anyone know a well stocked supplier of treated lumber?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Lowe's and Menards in new phila had a good supply last week , Holmes lumber in Dover and Sugercreek, kiem lumber , charm lumber , all good possibilities

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll try a few off those names.

Reactions: wave warrior

·
Registered
741 Posts
Same shortage here in Dayton. I plan to build a shed but cannot find treated lumber.
Anyone with insight as to when the supplies will increase.

·
Registered
16,930 Posts
I was looking for treated dogear pickets and home depot said it could be a month before they get more
They had them advertised in their 4th of July flyer in today's Plan Dealer. $2.44 each treated,$2.95 Douglas Fir.

Maybe they are doing a BPS/ Cabelas advertise but not in stock promo?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keim's will be delivering Monday. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keim's will be delivering soon.

Reactions: wave warrior

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished deck framing, now calling around today for treated 5/4 x 6" deck boards and supplies are near zero everywhere including Keim's. Hope the treatment plants are working overtime.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
We had to scramble to get enough wood to build our deck. Went to 4 different stores. I have a few extra 4x4x8' treated posts and a few 2x8s that I was going to take back to the store. If anyone needs them, I will sell them to you at the cost I paid.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
When we built our new porch roof I had to go to multiple stores to purchase everything. And that was in may. I'm glad we are not doing it now

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was lucky to find 5/4 deck boards at a Lowe's that just happened to get a few bundles when I called. Needed 10 and 12, bought 10 and 16's. You take what you can get in treated lumber.

Reactions: crappiedude

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Finally found wood for our deck at menards in Cuyahoga falls. 50 5/4 x 6x 18ft & 28 2x6x18. Ordered them Monday & charged it to my card. Had to go in person , no online or over the phone . Delivery is tomorrow. Just called & said over half my boards have been sold. I can bite the head off a nail right now. They're customer service sucks. Wtf. Trying to get a hold of a manager.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was your order "you pick" or they pick and hold it? My online ordering from menards ($2000 playset) was torturous - one click put 27 items in my cart for you pick, they ship to store, they ship to your house, and last but not least, they cancel for out of stock, with no info on availability. Treated lumber is like gold right now. Online stock info is a joke. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Was your order "you pick" or they pick and hold it? My online ordering from menards ($2000 playset) was torturous - one click put 27 items in my cart for you pick, they ship to store, they ship to your house, and last but not least, they cancel for out of stock, with no info on availability. Treated lumber is like gold right now. Online stock info is a joke. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts