Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all need to get a petition to put in trash cans at the lakes. Then send it to the state parks association. Every bridge, causeway retards leave plastic bottles, bags, lure packaging, full bottles of Gatorade. Found 4 bottles of drinks some assmonkey paid for , then leaves at the lake. One not even opened. If I see you toss plastic on the ground. I'm gonna stab your ass! 馃榿 You guys are making the term ugly , dumb Americans true.

Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
It's not the lack of trash cans, its morons that go fishing. I pack my trash out. Half the time say at pymatuning, it seems that people fill it with extra trash that wouldn't fit in their can at home. If the weekend is extra busy, cans are overfilled by the end of day or weekend etc. It's a losing battle. If people took their crap home and threw it out, it wouldn't be an issue.

Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
They used to have cans or dumpster at pymatuning, didnt matter. Even took away the outhouse. I'm sure idiots trashed that as well and they figured, why bother

Registered
What needs to happen is that fines for littering near a body of water should be tripled. Like 1500 dollars a pop. Then you actually need people out there to enforce these things. I never see rangers anywhere, except for deer creek reservoir. Not nearly enough enforcement. If they hired people and hammered these scum with hefty fines it would pay their own wages.

Johnny tsunami
Ive been at ladue by the 44 bridge when a truck driving by whipped out a garbage bag aiming for the water but landed on tge rocks. Looks like a bunch of jackasses do it daily there are garbage bags all over pigs is a understatement

Registered
The floor of my trunk is literally LINED with trash bags & I keep disposable gloves. Everyone who fishes with me (including Grandchildren), know to grab a bag/gloves. Trash detail first, fishing/playing second. when finished, we tie the bags off & when done fishing or playing, we take 'em home or find a dumpster. We mostly fish ponds. Public lakes shorelines are disgusting!

Mike

Me fail english? That's unpossible.
The floor of my trunk is literally LINED with trash bags & I keep disposable gloves. Everyone who fishes with me (including Grandchildren), know to grab a bag/gloves. Trash detail first, fishing/playing second. when finished, we tie the bags off & when done fishing or playing, we take 'em home or find a dumpster. We mostly fish ponds. Public lakes shorelines are disgusting!

Mike
Just be careful and mindful of what you're picking up. There have been a couple times at both cj brown and ceasers that i have found used needles.

Angry hillbilly
I did not read much besides the headlining on this post but anyway we got more people coming in this country and there are a lot of lazy people so we will see more of the trash!! Sad!!! The state will not hire more people saving money for people that can鈥檛 support themselves or their kids and the political types will take more tax money from us!!! Hell we can鈥檛 get people to work in this country with all the handouts!

Registered
I agree with everything above and additionally. What needs to happen is for the odnr to get their employees out doing there job enforcing litter laws. I have not seen a single officer out monitoring one single time in over a year or more. Id love to see them out checking people license and watching for litters. I literally fish two to three days a week year round. Paint creek, deer creek, alum creek. Number one worse are Ohio river Greenup dam and Charles mill spillway by far the worse by far for litter. Makes me so heart broke. I clean up a Kroger bag to try to help. But it鈥檚 odnr job too. It鈥檚 too big a problem to solve alone. They need toset better priorities on high trash areas mentioned set at those locations instead of wherever else they. You never see an officer just setting monitoring. I don鈥檛. Seldom

Registered
Another thing. Both Greenup dam and Charles mill spillway. They even have building they can set indoors and watch out in cold wet weather days. They could do something to make a difference. I鈥檇 help donate to set up cameras for that matter. You hit a button. Sorry.

Angry hillbilly
It costs us taxpayers alot of.money to house the inmates, they need to start up the roadside cleanups again, make them earn there keep!!!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
[/[/QUOTE right on brother kit but we got certain types that call that unethical but it鈥檚 alright to be unethical to working class Americans 馃嚭馃嚫

Johnny tsunami
I agree with everything above and additionally. What needs to happen is for the odnr to get their employees out doing there job enforcing litter laws. I have not seen a single officer out monitoring one single time in over a year or more. Id love to see them out checking people license and watching for litters. I literally fish two to three days a week year round. Paint creek, deer creek, alum creek. Number one worse are Ohio river Greenup dam and Charles mill spillway by far the worse by far for litter. Makes me so heart broke. I clean up a Kroger bag to try to help. But it鈥檚 odnr job too. It鈥檚 too big a problem to solve alone. They need toset better priorities on high trash areas mentioned set at those locations instead of wherever else they. You never see an officer just setting monitoring. I don鈥檛. Seldom
Cutbacks and dog piss pay makes them lazy and not care! When you have 1 officer monitor a half a county unless they see something egregious they don't bother. Drove downtown and saw 10 in the edgwater parking lot talking to each other i can drive to every lake and park in geauga and maybe see 2. Honestly not a surprise to me

1 - 20 of 65 Posts