close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trappers?

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by davycrockett, Oct 21, 2008.

1. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Any other trappers on here? I'm getting antsy. Less than a month to opener. I planning on hitting the coon hard with snares and footholds. Not much water so the rats will be scarce for sure. I also would like to catch a few coyotes.

2. yeah i think im gonna get out and do some trapping this year i have been seeing alot of coon hit on the roads around my place and i have been getting alot of trial cam pics of coon also should be a good year!!

3. Any other trappers on here?

Yep, should be a good season. I think the guys looking at high dollar 'coon will get a quick awakening when they drop them off at the fur buyers thinking they have a top dollar coon.

If it's there, don't walk by it as all fur will have some vaue. More if it's put up right.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. JTRESS

JTRESS consistently confused

Yes Sir, Can't wait, nothing beats walking down a creek in the dark and seeing two glowing eyes looking back at you, right where you know you put that dirt hole set.....:)

5. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

You got that right, Trapper. People are paying big $$ for the DP traps thinking they were going to pay for them with a few $40 coon. The guy selling the Trapmaster traps at Lima supposedly sold out 100 doz @ $20 a pop. If the low fuel prices hold, the lower pelt prices won't seem as bad.:)

I don't get why more guys dont put their fur up. Sure it takes time but not only do you recieve more but you can feel good knowing you finished the job.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015