close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Transmission for Ford Explorer

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Flathead King 06, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

0   0   0

might be looking for a transmission for my 94 explorer....broke down on me today and was looking and it looks to me like the front seal in the torque converter is leaking (it was burning oil for almost 10 miles) I checked all the lines and they looked good and dry, but that doesnt mean anything....and then again the torque converter itself could be shot...Im going to call around here tomorrow to see what a mechanic thinks...but any one have any thoughts...or any parts?

2. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

0   0   0

If your going to get it rebuilt I suggest you take it to an ATRA (automatic trans. rebuilders association) certified shop (they should have the ATRA sticker posted in the window). What ever you do DON'T take it to AAMCO... AAMCO does not mandate that any of there tech's be ATRA certified, you could bascically have whoever working on your trans. (hmmm I think this part goes here????). Anyway my buddy had his F350 rebuilt at AAMCO only to have the rear main seal about 3 months later. They fixed it under warranty only to have the seal blow out AGAIN 13 months down the road. This time they refused to fix the problem and wanted another $2200 to rebuild the Trans....Yea..Don't go to AAMCO

3. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

0   0   0

go to car part.com - most yards in the u.s. will list auto parts here- I havent looked for an explorer tranny, but you should be able to snag a decent used tranny for about $500.00 - good source for parts- hope this helps 'Rude Dog