close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Transformers The Movie.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 3, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

SUCKS!

I took the kids anf wife to see it tonight (7/2/07). It was not suspose to come out until 7/3/07, but I guess it was some sort of sneak preview at some places. Man, I have waited for 3 years for this and it totally blew chunks. The biggest "Summer Blockbusters" blunder that I can recall.

2. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

I heard that it was really good. Now I'm going to have to think about if I want to see it or not.

3. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

1 person might like it and another might not

4. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

I am still going to see it. If I listened to most of the movie reviews that I read on these types of boards, I would never see a movie. As NUM stated, you may like it even though H20 didn't.

Lg_mouth

5. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I'm going to go see it for sure, They where my favorite childhood toy dang I wish I still had some of them, I might buy a few off ebay just to have them again.

I did see knocked up....awesome movie and funny as hell, I don't care who you are. :D

6. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

i still have all of mine.

7. wow seriously didnt like it??? I thought it was AMAZING!!!! I used to be ADDICTED to transformers back in the day... Everything was very well done except for Megan Fox's acting, but what she lacked in acting she made up elsewhere ;)

8. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I would love to get my hands on a G1 optimus Prime, as most kids he was my favorite, I was also a huge fan of the dinobots too. I had 75% of the G1 collection and i have zero as of today, but I still have all my baseball cards which I would rather NOT have those. the transformers for me and my brother were the greatest things we still talk about them and watch the movie together once in awhile to bring back old memories.

I've check ebay from time to time for a good deal on them but always end up at the tackle shop instead, my current passion, collecting spinner blades and crankbaits :D

9. H2O Mellon

When the 1st teaser trailer was sent out it looked like it was going to be more action & less corny.

The way they portraid the president bothered me. I guess it was just Michael Bay's political shot though.

How about the "Sams Happy Time" scene?

I heard from a small indepentent film producer that it was geared more towards an actual action movie but Bay changed after the endorsement $ from the big companies. Alot of people have said that it was like a super hyped Chevy commericial. I would not go that far, but I did expect more.

10. I heard they had to tone it down because it was getting a rated R for too much violence and you cant really market a rated R version of transformers to kids... just wont work

And the politcal shot... eh could be much worse than the first round of ding-dongs...

11. H2O Mellon

The R thing may have been true. Us older folks would have loved it, but the younger kids couldnt have even seen it w/out an adult. Let's not kid ourselves becasue its the kids that buy most of the merchandise. I may have been a little too critical last night, after thinking about it I'll take back the "IT SUCKED" and upgrade to a "DISSAPPOINTED" rating. :D

There are alot more of the scenes I want to talk about but I am going to wait to allow more people to see it since I dont want to give away anything like when Optimus Prime transformed into a Stealth Bomber and saved New York City from certain doom. (okay, just kidding Prime didn't sprout wings.) :)

12. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I was reading an article about this movie and they were talking about the original cartoon movie in 1986. I guess H.G Wells was a voice of one of the main Transformers but I cannot remember which one (Optimous Prime) maybe?? Anyway they were saying that because of his failing health and the weakend state he was in they had to "beef up" his voice through a computer and if you did not read the credits you would have no idea it was him?

By the way both of my son's and the old man (me:D ) are looking forward to seeing this movie!

13. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Took the boys and watched it last night.

We all LOVED it. There were a few scenes I didn't like but overall we thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recomended.

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i saw it last week over here and thought it was awesome as well.

15. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

LOVED IT!!! My wife who is not a Transformer person loved the movie as well. If you love Transformers and you love action movies, it is a must see. You will feel your love of Transformers grow on you again and make you wish you had your own real Transformers.

16. I can definitely agree with that! I was told to go and see the movie with an abstract view of the movie. I was told it wasn't going to be exactly like the cartoons at all, but still had the underlying message in it. Plus dialoge from the battle scene b/n Optimus Prime and Megatron was straight from the 86 cartoon movie.

Oh and Orson Wells was the voice for unicron in the 86 cartoon movie. This was the huge floating space station transformer that recovered Megatron and turned him into galvatron... if memory serves me correctly. Peter Cullen did the original voice of Optimus Prime in the 86 movie

17. It was Peter Cullen who was the voice of Optimus Prime in the original cartoon movie. He is also the voice of Prime in this movie. I am VERY EXCITED for this movie. As a child growing up in the 80's and the Transformers as my favorite toys, this is going to be an excellent movie. I will be watching the movie on Friday with a small group from work. We have permission from our Supervisor to see the movie and either make up time or use couple of hours of leave.
    I was a little bummed at first about Bumbleebee not being the bug and Megatron not being the gun, but that is the way things go sometimes. Overall, it sounds like it still is an excellent movie for the Transformer fans!

18. zipperneck52

zipperneck52 fished with Noah

My kids grew up with OP and the rest. As a father I too had to listen
    to the tales and sit through many episodes. I thought the movie was great and pretty much stayed with the original premise. My kids, 25 & 22, did the squealing at every little inside joke and battle scene. Thank goodness the technology was there to make it more than a cartoon.

19. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

it very fast pace in the action shots.

20. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

The movie is 2-1/2 hours long and to me, it flew by and did not seem that long a movie.