close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

transducer question??

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by freyedknot, Jul 28, 2005.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

can you mount 2 transducers right next to each other ,and use them at the same time. the F.F are different make and model..1will be on the bow and the other on the dash. or will each unit ping cause interference.

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

I'm running a Lowrance on one side of the transom and a Hummingbird on the other side of the transom about 2.5 feet apart with no problems of interference, got the whole back of the boat covered, Lowrance is a 200meg, Humminbird is 200meg and 83meg dual beam.

3. I have run a FL-8 and a Garmin 240 without problems. The Fl-8 was on the bpw and the 240 on the stern.

4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Lowrance says as long as they are tow different frequencies you will have no issues.

I know guys that have had interference issues using 2 lowrance units with the same outputs.

5. My back up unit is an Eagle mounted next to my Lowrance. If I run them both I have read depths of 1500' in the Ohio River. :)

I do have an antique H'bird on the bow and it causes no problems with the Lowrance.