Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good estimated price to have two new hub assemblies and bearing replacked, parts and labor?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Whats a good estimated price to have two new hub assemblies and bearing replacked, parts and labor?
call Anderson's or TSC they all have hubs or order on line,a lot cheaper,I had to have one replaced out of town $150 for the hub,but I needed it this was from a boat dealer on a Sunday,I had bearings,,and seals,

I just looked at my receipts,I had 5 on5 1/2 hubs $45 each,68149 and44649 bearings and seal $20 per side.I bought what was supposed to be the better bearings,,who knows changed them every couple years anyway

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the rest of my story. I was charged $120 total for two hub assemblies, bearings packed, parts and labor. Where? Well at Cabela's Dundee. How, Why? Yesterday rolling north up US23 with my 10 year old when one of my trailer wheels started smoking. Yep burnt bearing. Eventually got off the ramp at exit 17. Had a wrecker come (thank God for roadside assistance with Progressive). I had the drop the boat/trailer at Cabelas. Surprisingly they went to work on it right away. And six hours later we were on a lake in the Irish Hills. Why six hours? Well there was some issues getting one of the hubs apart which led to just buying a new hub assembly. I now have two brand new hub assemblies/bearings. Yep $120 for the whole thing. I think they felt bad that my daughter was upset. Either way i was very happy as to how i was treated at Cabelas, Dundee.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i thought. To fix it right the spot, that's what i didnt expect.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
sounds good to me,the only thing I would suggest that you look at them at the end of the season,to see how they are holding up.bearings now a days don't seem to hold up very good any more,China you know

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,005 Posts
I need new bearings and a hub for 2 wheels on my trailer before I use it again. I have had a couple quotes in the Port Clinton area of $150 and $200. I think I will call Cabelas and drive it up there for that price and service. Unless anyone else knows a good trailer fixer in PC area.

Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant guaratee that price is a the normal price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Rickerd I could replace them if you get the parts and all it would cost you is a fishing trip or 2.I'm from Woodville I could come to pc or you could pull it here.I've been a mechanic over 20 years plenty of exp. PM me if your interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts