Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a buddy who recently found out the hard way that AAA ( recreational package) no longer covers a tow for your boat trailer in the case of an accident or in my buddies case, a blown hub so it got me to thinking and so I called my agent with State farm who had to talk to there claims dept and found out my standard boat coverage allows for a tow of the boat and trailer up to 21 miles to the closest garage/repair facility. ( any further and its all on you)

Just thought Id throw out both pieces of info, 1 that AAA no longer covers it and 2, that at least my standard boat coverage from State Farm does cover it but others should check with there agents to make sure.

I know several folks who had purchased the AAA upgrade to include the recreational aspect and it did in the past cover a trailer tow but no longer so they are all out shopping around, apparently Progressive doesn't offer anything like that either according to those who have been digging around. FYI

Salmonid

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Well, I pay a yearly 74.00 to Towboat US, they will at least get boat, trailer and tow vehicle off the road to nearest repair shop. I really don't care where they take it to get me off the road, and it is a heck of a lot less than good ol AAA, and my 3.00 cell phone tow will get my vehicle back home too. AAA is getting to be a rip-off in my opinion. Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Guys check out www.boatus.com and click on towing then roadside assistance $38 bucks a year and they will tow your boat and vehical 100 miles plus flat repair gas lock out plus extras.You cant beat beat it anyware Tight Lines

·
Resident fishing idiot
959 Posts
Gas? So how many times do i gotta call for 24 gallons in boat and 34 gallons in truck? Lol. I get 15 miles i think, but i aint leaveing my ranger nowhere... Ill repair it on the side of the road. But trailer maintenence will cut down the risk... Keep greese in bearings... Air in tires, a 4way spare and jack. Take care of your rig, and she will take care of you...mine has for 24 years...i just did hub bearings last month...only cause i had to clean out greese...they looked brand new.

·
Administrator
9,385 Posts
Gas? So how many times do i gotta call for 24 gallons in boat and 34 gallons in truck? Lol. I get 15 miles i think, but i aint leaveing my ranger nowhere... Ill repair it on the side of the road. But trailer maintenence will cut down the risk... Keep greese in bearings... Air in tires, a 4way spare and jack. Take care of your rig, and she will take care of you...mine has for 24 years...i just did hub bearings last month...only cause i had to clean out greese...they looked brand new.
Pretty cavalier attitude. Not all issues are maintenance related.

·
Resident fishing idiot
959 Posts
Dident say they were. I said it will cut diwn the risk. Theres just somethings you cant help...like 2 flat tires... Or a broke leaf spring...

·
Registered
629 Posts
I overlooked hub maintenance early in my ownership days and was stuck on side of road w my 22ft glass boat on dual axle trailer w app total weight of 5000lbs and 25 feet.

I had Boat US coverage, but when the tow truck showed up they said 'your boat and trailer is too big for us to put on a flatbed. Maybe we can chain up that axle?' We ended up getting the parts and fixin it on the side of the road. Just a data point for some of u with larger/longer/heavier rigs. Tow trucks might not be able to help u and the tow truck operators were not equipped to change my hub.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts