Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got an idea on this:
my 2004 lowe trailer has a 4 prong plug that I plug into my chevy factory wiring harness. The running lights, brake lights, and turn signals all work. The problem is when I'm braking and hit a turn signal at the same time both my left and right turn signal lights flash at the same time. It doesn't matter if I hit the right or left turn signals, both of them will flash if I use either one of them will applying the brakes. This problem just started recently. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Ditto fishguy's comments plus install a external ground directly between the trailer frame and the tow vehicle. Seal the ground after installation and future ground problems will be minimized.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Ditto fishguy's comments plus install a external ground directly between the trailer frame and the tow vehicle. Seal the ground after installation and future ground problems will be minimized.
If that does not totally clear up the situation you can do as I did. I found that my trailer was not providing a good ground all the way from the light fixtures back to the plug due to the trailer being painted prior to assembling and thus the paint was acting as an insulator between the yoke section and each of the arms that extend to the axles. The end result was that grounding to the frame up front was still ineffective. What I ended up doing was running a separate wire all the way back to each light fixture and up to the ground wire on the plug. This cleared up all of my problems and have not had an issue since doing it 7+ years ago.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Are both signals flashing together or are they flashing opposite each other? Flashing opposite will indicate the the turn signal which is "on" is stealing the ground from the other light. If they flash together like hazard lights, you might also want to check the truck and trailer to be sure the yellow and green wires are shorted together anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts